Every two weeks, Oldcastle Building Solutions Business Intelligence prepares a report focused on understanding and analyzing construction market data and trends.
This in-depth report is developed primarily for internal distribution, but Oldcastle Building Solutions exists to inform construction professionals like you, so we're making this report available for anyone who's interested in reading it.
What's New In This Report?
ENR Construction Industry Confidence Index jumped 8 points to 76 in Q1 2017
Dodge Momentum Index (DMI) increased 0.9% in March 2017 to 144.4
U.S. Construction Put-in-Place up 3.0% annually to $1.19T in February 2017
ENR’s Construction Cost Index in April 2017 up 3.9% annually, after 0.1% gain in month
Unemployment dipped to 4.5% with 98K jobs added in March 2017
February 2017 JOLTS showed 169K unfilled job openings and 35K net hires
- The ENR Construction Industry Confidence Index (CICI) jumped to 76 in Q1 2017, up 8 points from Q4, indicating most executives feel construction activity will see growth through the middle of 2018
- The Dodge Momentum Index (DMI) made gains in March 2017 with 0.9% growth to 144.4, the sixth consecutive month of gains
- Construction Put-in-Place was $1.19T in February 2017, 3% above year ago activity
- In April 2017, the Construction Cost Index (CCI) by ENR showed 3.9% annual growth, following 0.1% growth in the month
- In March 2017, the unemployment rate fell to 4.5% with 98K non-farm jobs added
- The February 2017 Job Openings and Labor Turnover (JOLTS) report indicated that the construction segment had 169K unfilled job openings and made 35K net hires